Bones - An Exhibit Inside You Activities
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis presents "BONES: An Exhibit Inside You," a 6,000 square-foot exhibition of exciting and interactive activities to teach all about bones. It examines bone biology, keeping bones healthy, and how bones are a part of cultures all over the world. Both adults and children are shown how they can take an active role in keeping their bones healthy by eating a calcium-rich diet and exercising. By examining advances in scientific technology, visitors will learn a great deal about bones and how to keep them healthy.
The BONES Adventure begins as visitors move through the covered ENTRANCE BRIDGE where images of humans transform into skeletons. This introduction gives a personal perspective; after all, we're all made of bones.
Upon entering BONES, there is the option of exploring several different "environments", each with a unique group of activities, offering the opportunity to learn more about bones.
"BONES: An Exhibit Inside You" is a fun, comprehensive lesson about one of the most fundamental parts of our bodies. This fascinating exhibit increases our awareness of the aspects of bones while providing valuable information about careers in science.
The interactivity and novelty of this exhibit will interest and entertain both adults and children.
BONES: An Exhibit Inside You has six sections:
- Entrance Bridge: The Bones Adventure begins as visitors move through the covered bridge entrance where images of humans transform into skeletons. This introduction gives a personal perspective; after all, we're all made of bones.
- Bones at Home: The books, games and art on display in the Home environment emphasize that bones have interesting uses in art and culture. The literature station provides a place for visitors to create their own picture, poem, story or song.
- Medical Center: Throughout the Medical Center explore all kinds of medical technology and how it helps us "see" the bones inside us. Visitors can find out what it takes to become a technician in a hospital and administer a CT Scan to a patient.
- Zoo: The Zoo features skeletons of animals such as Giraffes, Komodo Dragon, Gorilla, Kangaroo, Ostrich, Lion and more. Visitors can look through a view-finder to see these same animals morph into fleshed-out versions of their skeletons.
- Superstore: The Superstore primarily shows that what you eat affects how your bones change and grow. Through interactive displays, visitors can take the challenge to make smart, nutritional choices in selecting their daily diet.
- Fitness Center: The Fitness Center shows that what you do affects how your bones change and grow. Visitors can try on all kinds of protective sports gear and learn how important this equipment is to wear.
BONES: An Exhibit Inside You" Online Activities
(In a Printer Friendly Format)