Welcome Groups! Upon arrival, all visitors will receive a map of the building and a program schedule . You are able to visit the museum and Battleship at your own pace, unless you have a scheduled education program or guided tour. We recommend 2-3 hours to tour the facility.
- Memorial Day - Labor Day: Open 7 days a week, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Rest of the year: Closed Mondays, Open Tuesday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sunday, Noon - 5 p.m.
- Nauticus and the Battleship Wisconsin are closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please call for other holiday hours.
- Closing procedures for the Battleship Wisconsin begin 15 minutes before close and the ship will be closed in the event of inclement weather.
- Call Group Sales at (757) 664-1021 or Request Group Sales Information  online for pricing and reservations. Please schedule your program or tour at least two weeks in advance. Once your reservation is made, a confirmation letter will be sent to you. Please review our Group Policies .
- There is no on-site parking at Nauticus, although you may load/unload your vehicles in our front traffic circle. The city offers complimentary off-site parking for motorcoaches, school buses and commercial vans at nearby Harbor Park stadium located approximately 8 blocks away. Hourly parking is available in nearby city garages for a fee. View Parking Information Sheet .
Length of Visit:
- We recommend 2-3 hours to tour Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin
- Nauticus can either provide box lunches for your group or can store your groups bag lunches with advance notice based on availability of space that day. Your group may have lunch either on our covered front deck or in Town Point Park adjacent to Nauticus. Nauticus does have a Café on site with lunches available for purchase. To order box lunches, please call Outtakes café at (757) 622-3868.
Recommended Tour Route
- The first floor of Nauticus features our admissions area, restrooms, lockers, Outtakes Café and the Banana Pier Gift Shop.
- Your group will take the people mover from the first floor to the third floor to experience Nauticus! You will first visit our NEW Mighty Seaport interactive exhibit which explores the world of maritime commerce. Discovers what's being shipped in and out of our ports, navigate a tugboat, and venture outside to the Elizabeth River Observation Deck. Next, you will visit our changing exhibits gallery currently featuring "Guns Sweat and Gears Anatomy of a Battleship". Your self guided tour will then take you into the 1907 exhibit, aquariums featuring touch tank and shark tank, Science on a Sphere, Hurricane Simulator and large screen hi-def Theater (included in admission!).
- After touring the third floor, take the stairs or the elevator to the second floor to watch the 6 minute dramatic film Forward to Freedom and learn about the history of the Battleship and how it was brought to Norfolk, then make your way out to tour Battleship Wisconsin! Your ticket will allow you to tour the main deck of the ship and the Ward Room and Officer's Quarters inside the ship. The second floor is also home to the Hampton Roads Naval Museum .