Nauticus, Battleship Wisconsin & Hampton Roads Naval Museum Homeschool Day!
Thursday February 28, 2013; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum – located on the Downtown Norfolk waterfront
Tour Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum on this special day for homeschoolers! Discounted admission, special programming for no additional fee, gift shop coupon and more!
$8 per child (ages 4-17); $10 per adult; Children age 3 and under complimentary.
Pre-registration is not available. Tickets may be purchased upon arrival
What does your ticket include?
- Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin admission includes hands-on exhibits, large screen hi-def movies including the academy award nominated Living Sea movie, shark tank and touch tank with horseshoe crabs, sea stars and more, Battleship intro film featuring the film Forward to Freedom, self-guided tour of Battleship Wisconsin (scavenger hunts available) including access to the Wardroom and Officer's Country inside the ship!
- Education programs will be offered throughout the day.
- Visit the Hampton Roads Naval Museum on Nauticus' 2nd floor for no charge throughout the day.
- Enjoy 20% off in the Banana Pier gift shop on Nauticus' first floor
- Where can I eat lunch?
If you'd like to bring a bag lunch, you can eat your lunch inside the café seating area on the first floor of Nauticus. The cafe will offer a discounted lunch option (hot dog, chips and a drink for $5.29 plus tax). There are many restaurants located nearby Nauticus to purchase lunch.
- Where do I park?
Nauticus does not provide on-site parking. Parking is available in the downtown city garages for a fee. We suggest the West Plume Street garage. Parking costs approximately $1 an hour.
- What do I do when I arrive?
Tickets can be purchased at the Nauticus admissions desk inside the front doors. You will receive a final schedule for the day when you arrive. If you are interested in purchasing an additional Battleship tour, you can do so when purchasing your admissions ticket. If you have any questions on your way to Nauticus please call (757) 664-1000.
Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin and Hampton Roads Naval Museum Homeschool Day Schedule (subject to change)
10:00 a.m.: Nauticus opens
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m: Shark Experience
Come experience some cool facts about sharks while observing their behaviors.
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Horseshoe Crab Cove
Kids of all ages love to admire and touch exotic sea creatures, including sea stars, hermit crabs and horseshoe crabs. In this simulated tide pool, you'll meet these and many more Chesapeake Bay inhabitants.
11:00am - 4:00pm: Conversations with the Navy. Begins at the top of every hour. (Ward Room inside Battleship Wisconsin)
10:30am: Preschool Science Adventures
10:30am: Science on a Sphere program
10:30am: Semaphore Flag Communications (Hampton Roads Naval Museum - 2nd floor)
11 – 11:45 a.m.: Living Sea Movie (Nauticus Theater)
11:00am: Life at Sea (Hampton Roads Naval Museum - 2nd floor)
Noon – 12:30 p.m.: Cool Science education program (Nauticus Theater)
1pm: Science on a Shere program
1:30pm: Life at Sea (Hampton Roads Naval Museum)
2 – 2:45 p.m.: Living Sea Movie (Nauticus Theater)
3 – 3:30 p.m.: Cool Science education program (Nauticus Theater)